Digital Submission of Radiographs for Hip and Elbow Evaluations
For Veterinary Clinics Only
*NOTE: Due to security issues, ZIP files are NOT accepted and will not be opened!
- Digital images (via email or on a CD) are only accepted directly from the attending veterinary clinic. To register as a digital clinic, please complete and return the Electronic Application Form. This form only needs to be submitted one time, and there is no waiting period. Digital radiographs can be sent any time once the form has been received by the OFA.
- Digital submissions via email will only be accepted from the email address on file for clinics that have registered for this service.
- Digital radiographs must be sent as an attachment to an email or mailed on a CD. We do not accept images from imaging services (Antech, View Cloud, etc.) or as direct DICOM transfers.
- CDs and emails MUST come from the submitting vet clinic. OFA does not accept digital radiographs from owners.
- If you prefer to submit hard-copy radiographs via the mail, see our Mailing Recommendations below.
Submission of OFA Radiographs and Applications via CD
- CDs are ONLY accepted from veterinary clinics that have registered for this service.
- The OFA Hip/Elbow Application and payment should be included with the CD.
- Please do not fax applications if mailing a CD, include the application(s) in the CD mailer.
- All digital images submitted must include dog identification (full registered name if applicable OR registration number OR microchip/tattoo), clinic name, and date of radiography overlaid on the image. See detailed instructions for ID and positioning on the second page of the OFA Hip/Elbow Application
- CDs may contain multiple images per dog, but please limit each CD to one dog.
- Dog ID must be visible regardless of the viewing software. If you can only see the dog’s ID with the viewer on the CD then you will need to add a text box.
- We accept .jpg, .jpeg or DICOM formats.
Submission of OFA Radiographs and Applications via Email
- Emails with digital submissions are ONLY accepted from veterinary clinics that have registered for this service.
- All digital radiographs submitted must include dog identification (full registered name if applicable OR registration number OR microchip/tattoo), clinic name, and date of radiography overlaid on the image. See detailed instructions for ID and positioning on the second page of the OFA Hip/Elbow Application
- Digital radiographs MUST be sent from an email address unique to the clinic and must be able to receive replies. If there is a problem with the submission, the OFA will reply to the sending email address to communicate the issue. We cannot accept submissions from a generic email address such as “DoNotReply@idexx.com”
- The OFA application may be scanned and included in the email along with image(s), or it may be faxed to (573) 875-5073. To facilitate matching, the application should arrive at approximately the same time as the email image(s). If the application is being faxed, please indicate so in the body of the email.
- The OFA does not accept links through Antech, View Cloud or other imaging services. Images must be sent as attachments to the email.
- Please list the dog’s name in subject line of email.
- Please include dog/owner info in the body of the email along with contact info for the clinic in case we have problems/questions.
- Include credit card payment information (MasterCard or Visa ONLY) in the appropriate section of the application form. Required credit card information includes: cardholder name, expiration date (mm/yy) the the 3-digit security code. For more accurate billing if there are credit card issues, please indicate whether this is an owner payment or a veterinary clinic payment. If your clinic would like to keep a credit card on file with the OFA, please contact the office at (573) 442-0418 x221.
- If multiple applications are submitted in a single email, please make sure each file is uniquely and appropriately named.
- Email to: email@example.com
Submission of Non-Digital Radiographs Via Mail
Traditional hard copy x-rays may be submitted by the owner of the veterinary clinic. The radiograph, application and fees should be enclosed in a mailing envelope. These may be paper clipped together. Use the mail service of your choice. Obtain large envelopes from an office supply store, veterinary hospital or other radiology department. The envelope should be sealed with tape. Light cardboard may be included to stiffen the package, but is not required. Avoid using boxes, tubes, padded envelopes, stapling check and application, bending/folding radiographs, or taping application or check to envelope.
The radiograph, application and fees should be mailed together to:
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals
2300 E Nifong Boulevard
Columbia, Missouri 65201-3806